Almost 500,000 out of 700,000 General Education Development (GED) exam takers pass the exam annually. In addition, many students search for printable practice GED test to ensure that they could practice for as long as they want before they take the actual high school equivalency test and obtain a diploma.
The GED exam is created for people aged 16 and over in an effort for them to earn a high school diploma, which is a prerequisite for community college admissions and for some, for their employment.
Printable Practice GED Test: What You Need to Know
- GED exams are updated regularly. It is important that you search for printable practice GED test. It’s because these practice tests are updated regularly and you have to be sure that you are getting the latest ones. These practice tests are available online. They are free and you could download and print it.
- There are five sections in the GED test. The exam includes the following:
- Language arts and reading
- Language arts and writing
- Social studies
It is important to keep on practicing because you need to score beyond the average of 450 for each section. With five sections, you must have a score of at least 2,250 points to pass the General Education Development exam.
Effective Tips to Consider
- Keep on practicing with printable practice GED test. It is said that practice makes perfect. And the same goes true when doing the practice tests for GED. You should continue downloading and practicing until you get it right. Statistics show that only about 30% of first-time GED exam takers pass. Therefore, the probability of failure on the first try is at a high 70%.
- Visit reputable websites. Printable GED exams are not that many and you could visit a few reputable websites that provide printable practice GED test that you could copy and paste into a document. One site to visit is McGraw-Hill for a random practice test in math. While the test is online, you could copy it and practice until you are satisfied with your answers before going back to the site and taking the test and submitting your answers. There are practice tests that you could copy from Peterson’s website. Marshall County Adult Education website provides downloadable PDF versions of sample GED questions. Math test samples are easy to print at Education.com website.
- Visit your local library. Rather than spending money on buying GED practice test books, go to your local library, borrow the book, and practice at home. Alternatively, you could photocopy sample tests from each of the five sections covered by the GED.
What’s important after you’ve gotten some printable practice GED test is to continue practicing until you are confident about taking the actual test. Continue to look for different test samples for each of the five sections of the GED test. You’ll then have a good feel about the extent of the examination. Download study guides as well.